Jason E. Starling
- Complex Tort
Jason E. Starling handles the firm's labor and employment matters. He represents exclusively employees and unions in their labor and employment disputes. As a true believer in protecting the rights of employees and labor unions, Jason takes pride in representing his clients to the best of his ability and he also takes personal satisfaction in every case he accepts.
For employees, Jason represents them in cases alleging wrongful termination, workplace discrimination, workplace retaliation, workplace harassment, failure to pay minimum wage, failure to pay overtime, failure to reasonably accommodate disabilities, and Family and Medical Leave Act noncompliance. Jason also provides advice on, and litigates disputes over, severance agreements, employment contracts, and non-competition agreements.
For labor unions, Jason represents them in arbitrations on employee discipline or discharge, arbitrations over contract interpretation, and interest arbitration proceedings. He also litigates unfair labor practice charges, litigates various petitions, and provides advice on all other aspects of the employer-union relationship.
In addition to his labor and employment law practice, Jason has developed an expertise in discovery of electronically stored information, also called "e-discovery." This expertise is often crucial to properly litigating a client's case.
Finally, Jason also represents clients in complex tort matters of significant value such as wrongful death cases.
- Indiana University School of Law, Bloomington, Indiana
- J.D. - 2007
- Honors: cum laude
- Purdue University
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Political Science & Philosophy
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona, pro hac vice
- Judicial Panel on Multi District Litigation
- Wounded Warriors Project
- Federal Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio Employment Lawyers Association