What To Do When You’re Injured At Work In Ohio
  1. Home
  2.  → 
  3. Workers’ Compensation
  4.  → What To Do When You’re Injured At Work In Ohio

Guiding You Through Your Workers’ Compensation Claim

After a workplace injury, you might not know where to turn or what to do. You know that you need to recover benefits for your damages, but the process seems intimidating and complex.

This is where Willis Spangler Starling comes in. We are proud to assist workers in Columbus and elsewhere in Ohio who suffered personal injuries while on the job. With compassion and care, we will guide you through the process of applying for workers’ compensation benefits.

What Is The Process Of Workers’ Comp In Ohio?

Every case is unique, but there are a few steps that everyone should take after a workplace injury.

  1. Your first priority is to seek medical treatment immediately.
  2. Then, notify your employer of your injury. You should submit a written notice to your supervisor as soon as possible after the accident. Be sure to mention the area of your body that was injured, the workplace location of the accident and the time and date of the accident.
  3. Your employer has a duty to file a claim with its insurer and with the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation.
  4. The insurer will then accept your claim and notify you of the amount you will receive or it will deny your claim. After either step, you have the right to appeal the decision.

You May Need A Lawyer To Get Full Benefits

Unfortunately, many insurance companies and employers do not have workers’ best interests in mind. If your claim is denied or you believe that your employer or its insurer is not behaving honorably, contact Willis Spangler Starling. We will stand up for your rights as we help you appeal the decision.

Contact Us For Workers’ Comp Guidance

You do not need to go through the complicated legal process of workers’ comp alone. The team at Willis Spangler Starling is ready to work with you. To schedule a free initial consultation, call 614-721-6305 or send the firm an email.

Share This