Britton M. Hicks
- Social Security Disability
- Estate Planning
Britton primarily practices in the areas of Social Security Disability, Wills, Powers of Attorney, and Estate Administration, however she also has a background in Family Law, Juvenile Law and Unemployment Law. Britton is a member of the National Organization of Social Security Claimant's Representatives. Her love of Social Security law was sparked when she was successful in helping her uncle receive Social Security benefits. Since then, she's been practicing in the area for ten years. In addition to private practice, Britton has also worked as a Hearings Officer for the Unemployment Compensation Review Commission from 2006-2009, and the Ohio Legislative Service Commission from 2003-2006.
She is a 2003 Graduate of Capital University Law School, where she earned distinction as a Member of the Order of the Curia and the CALI Award for Excellence in Adoption Law, and a proud 2000 graduate of Marshall University, where she received a B.A. in History, with a minor in Political Science.
Britton was born and raised in Huntington, West Virginia. Her family now lives in Grove City, Ohio, where she is an active member of Our Lady of Perpetual Help parish. She is also an active member of Grove City Rotary, focusing her attention on developing a love of service and volunteering in middle and high school students.
- Capital University Law School, Columbus, Ohio
- J.D. - 2003
- Honors: Member of the Order of the Curia
- Honors: Received for CALI Award for Excellence in Adoption Law
- Honors: Past President of the Womens Law Association of Capital University
- Honors: With Distinction
- Marshall University, Huntington, West Virginia
- B.A. - 2000
- Major: History
- Minor: Political Science
- Ohio, 2003
- Member, Our Lady of Perpetual Help
- National Organization of Social Security Claimant's Representatives (NOSSCR), Member, 2009 to Present
Current Employment Position
- Ohio Legislative Service Commission, Attorney, 2003 to 2006
- National Center for Adoption Law and Policy, 2001 to 2003
- Unemployment Compensation Review Commission, Hearing officer, 2006 to 2009